Books On Books aims to bookmark the evolution of the book — from the centuries-long movement of orality into literacy to tomorrow’s ongoing development of the codex offline and online. Its bookmarks range from the bibliographic to the paleo-webliographic, from incunabula to the e-incunabulum, from papyrus scrolls to scrolling screens and from the book arts to book art. You will also find items in the Books On Books Collection of book art documented here.
Links have a way breaking. Whenever you encounter an “Error 404” or “Page not found” message in response to a link provided by Books On Books, please use the Comments function to let your curator know.
1) Books On Books is a non-profit site offering postings and reviews about book art, the book arts, history and future of the book, the acts of reading and looking and their relationship. The site also documents works in the Books On Books Collection.
2) The copyright on all materials contained on this website remain with the individual authors, artists, photographers, printers or companies. Every attempt is made to credit the copyright holder whenever known. All articles stay well within fair use bounds, all photographs being included solely to add context to the posting and for educational purposes, with no commercial interest whatsoever. If you are the copyright holder and you are not credited in a manner you would like, or if you wish for removal of any images under your copyright, please let me know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will immediately address any crediting issues and/or withdraw images from the relevant posting.
3) All images on Books On Books are provided, under fair use, to highlight and visualize the works and their contexts addressed in the postings. My hope is to bring exposure to the artists, craftspeople and institutions discussed. Other than ownership of works in the Books On Books Collection, I have no commercial stake or financial interest in any artist, author, publisher, retailer or supplier mentioned on this site and receive no commercial interest or compensation for Books On Books.
4) Note that any work photographed may be copyrighted by the artist, author, publisher, illustrator and/or institution owning the work as indicated in the postings. Permission to use contents from these works for anything outside of fair use purposes must come directly from the copyright owner, and no permission is granted or implied to use images or material found on Books On Books for any purpose that would infringe on the rights of the copyright owner.
5) You may link to posts on Books On Books. You may not re-post them or the images contained in them, nor may you use any images or content from Books On Books for commercial purposes, nor for any purpose that could in any way violate the rights of the copyright holder.
6) All opinions expressed herewithin are the authors’ alone, and not reflective of any employers, previous employers, family members, friends, or associates of the author.