Standing open at 7 foot by 5 foot, is it the world’s largest bound book? The result of Michael Hawley‘s research and field expeditions out of the Media Lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, it is certainly the iMax of books.
- La Force, Thessaly. “1,000 Words: Big Bhutan“, The New Yorker, 12 November 2009.
- Lohr, Steve. “For a Small Kingdom, a Visual History in a Big Book“, New York Times, 15 December 2003.
- PR Newswire.
- World Record Academy. “Largest published book – world record set by Michael Hawley“, 16 January 2010.
Compare and contrast:
- Yale’s Beinecke Library’s double elephant folio of Audubon’s Birds of America.
- The Marble Books at Kuthodaw and Sandamuni, Mandalay, Myanmar.
- Other forms of large-scale book art can be found here.